The Flat Rock United Methodist Church seeks to fulfill God's will through an eternal relationship with Him. We will share Christ and His love by being good disciples in serving the Body of Christ and our community.
Who We Are
Flat Rock United Methodist Church began as a Sunday School class and was founded in 1848 as the Jones Meeting House, a part of the Palestine Methodist Circuit. In 1876, when Flat Rock was organized as a village, the church changed its name to Flat Rock Methodist Church.
In 1890, the church moved to a new location which burnt down in 1913. Our current building was completed in 1916. Throughout our three locations, we have served those in need of spiritual, emotional, or financial assistance.
We praise God for all the work we have been able to accomplish and the people we have been able to reach throughout our history. We cannot wait to see what all God has in store for us in the future.